Tactical Advantage

The game created by the community, for the community.

What is Tactical Advantage?

CivBase
    Admin

What is Tactical Advantage?

Post by CivBase on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Before you dive into a forum full of random, undecipherable information, you'd probably like to know what it's all about.

Tactical Advantage spawned as an idea of mine while installing a mod for Battlezone II on my computer. I began to think of a game that uses a combat commander system in a new game. What I call the "combat commander" system is simply the combination of RTS and FPS in which players can run around and shoot things, just like any other FPS, but they can also construct buildings and def fences, gather resources, and produce and command units from the first-person point of view. I've long loved this game setup, but I have yet to find a published game that uses this system and wasn't built for Windows 95.

In the game, you might also find heavy influence from Command and Conquer, Age of Empires, Battlefield, Call of Duty, and even some Halo. Basically, I am trying to create a game design that is a compilation of the best the current gaming industry has to offer. Of course, what one person thinks is awesome and another thinks is failure varies. That's where you come in.

I want this game to be built for gamers, unlike many games that are on the market. If there is a question, concern, suggestion, complaint, or even an arbitrary comment, it will be taken into consideration. I have already thought of a few game features that will help the game appeal to all, including the option of a first-person or third-person point of view, ranks, a customizable HUD, and basic class customization for spawning (I say basic because the powerful attributes for classes must be created in-game).

What I don't want is for this game to be mine. It is supposed to be built by the community, for the community. Of course, the basic game design should be kept, but almost everything is susceptible to change. What you see now is just a basic outline that I think will work best. Other ideas, however, are encouraged.

Right now, this is just a game design. I have no way to turn this into an actual game, as I do not have near enough experience in programing to create this. For now, it is just an idea... but I might do something with it a few years from now (unless there's someone that wants to do something with it now... but I highly doubt that).

Until then, I hope you guys (and gals) treat this as your own little thing, not just something CivBase is doing.

Current date/time is Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:28 pm